Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Let us Be.

There are times in our lives where it feels as though nothing is certain; but I do not mean times when nothing truly is certain, but that the amount of confusion welling up in our inner most being makes life appear to lack certainty. Does that make sense, I often wonder to myself if I am just constantly rambling hoping for even a smidgen of philosophical thought; sometimes I luck out, others not so much. During these times where we feel a lack of certainty, it is the times that spontaneity is most needed.

There are times when we have a few options of ways to go in life, but are afraid to make the first move. Whether it be fear of not being ready yet, fear of choosing wrong, or so many other fears. But fear is a deadly vice that holds us back and we must not let fear control us as it is so easily prone. It is typically easy to block out the confusion and continue on in life without making a decision, but then one day it can fill you on overload.

There are evenings where you are packed with homework all day, barely got any sleep the weekend before, and your mind becomes invaded with all the thoughts of confusion simultaneously. It can be the hardest endeavor to concentrate on studying for an exam alone in this horrible state. Naturally, one who loves to learn, such as myself, would excel in studying a topic of my major and passions; but when it involves a general education course the trial for my attention ensues. In my tired state, my brain felt like it was in overload and that was when the spontaneity happened.

There was a knock on the door that led to a long, nice, refreshing philosophical conversation with my dear friend the dream motivator. There is something about our conversations that refreshes the inner most part of my mind, there is something that brings me peace. We need these conversations in life, these moments of unexpected refreshment of the mind and soul. I understand everyone functions differently and philosophical thought does not typically bring relaxation to people, but there is some activity that does; some conversation topic that does. We need to find those modes of tranquility and allow spontaneity to happen when our mind is in "lock down." Sometimes that tiny unexpected conversation can calm your thoughts enough to just be.

Let us just be in the present, together, ready and hopeful for what each new day prepares.

No comments:

Post a Comment