Thursday, April 11, 2013

Here's to honesty!

Sometimes in life we will have to be brutally honest. Sometimes honesty is the most liberating yet dangerous thing you can do. Opening up to someone eventually leads to compete, raw, authentic honesty especially when they can sense that something is bugging you. We must all come to the right point in our lives where we can be completely and utterly honest with a few people in our lives because if we bottle everything up it will control us and consume our actions and beliefs.

I speak most recently of a time where I was completely honest and it led to hurt, feelings of betrayal, and a loss of composure. Do I regret this honesty? Not one bit, I hate the fact that I hurt said person but I know being truthful will ultimately lead to a better fulfillment in life.

So I challenge anyone and everyone to let honesty dominate your life. Be seeking the truth in all you do; whether it be relative or not do not stop seeking for truth. Be honest even when it hurts so that when someone needs to hear something from you they will believe you because you are always honest in every situation.

Here's to the good, bad, and ugly of being authentic!

1 comment:

  1. I second this motion. Honesty all the way!

    ReplyDelete