Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How do you like your coffee? Black.

"I drink black coffee because it is bitter like life. If life is bitter than why try to water down my coffee with flavors when I can't water down my life?"

During the beginning weeks of my breakup this was my go-to-line as to why I only drank coffee black. As the weeks progressed and I continued my angsty periods of black coffee I grew to enjoy it. Now 2 months later I alternate between black coffee and watered down coffee simply because I enjoy both.

Oftentimes in our lives there are things that appear bitter at first but we grow to love them. We persevere through the hard weeks where all we feel is bitterness until the very essence of our bitterness brings us new found freedom. We realize the beauty in our situations and they no longer make us feel bitter, much like how persevering through black coffee leads to another cup of enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment