Saturday, April 6, 2013

Prioritize.

Prioritize. That is one of my biggest realizations I have been wrestling with recently. Often times in our lives we try to get involved in so many projects and events that we slowly neglect what we are already connected in. After my missions trip over spring break I returned home with the idea of getting involved in "new activities" to keep what I learned on the trip. I had great intentions of what I was going to get involved with, but no sooner than a week later did I get back to my regular routines including neglecting my intern responsibilities which I had accepted so ambitiously.

Through the form of a parable my pastor called me out on this and showed me that I need to get my priorities straight because if I truly cared about my internship I would stop at nothing to get to church. I realized that day, once I let go of my embarrassment, that I didn't need to get involved in more activities but I needed to give more of myself to what I was already involved in and let God use me there. I need to develop relationships in my internship to help motivate me to lead my small group; to let my extroverted self out in the midst of that group. If I am not able to adapt in my current setting how will I be able to as a full time youth pastor? I pray that God will help me put all of my priorities where they belong.

Overall I want to focus on developing relationships I have and fixing my priorities to what I am already involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment