Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Disregard the labels.

Why do we live in a world of sin? Why did we disobey Gods only request? I suppose if we're honest we'd all have moments in our lives that prove we would've done the same thing if we were the "first humans". I ask this question as I sit with a mourning friend who has put up with so much crap for the sake of someone he loves. Why do people treat others harshly and manipulate others to lie to cover up what they've done? What is it that causes people to act so deviantly? I am no way saying that I am don't make mistakes and freak out at people when my anger gets the best of me. Heck I'll be the first to admit I have so many things to work on, but what breaks my heart is when despite our struggles Christians cannot live with love fully in our lives. I just know there is so much good in this world, but sometimes the evil gets the louder voice and it drains you.

My challenge is for anyone who wants to make the world a better place, anyone who is a self-proclaiming Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, peacemaker, disillusioned college student, liberal, democrat, Calvinist, evangelical, postmodern, modern, person to live a life of love. I hate the fact that we have all these labels for everyone, but we let these labels define us and separate us. Lets move beyond these labels and live a life of love bringing Gods kingdom to this earth showing love when it would be easier to show hate. Showing patience when all we want to do is yell. Showing the heart of a servant when our brother is need.

The world needs to be reminded of who we were intended to be. Let us be truly alive in acts of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment