Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Adventure doesn't end when the trip does...

So I have just returned from an amazing Missions Road Trip week and I am disappointed that it is over. There are so many bonds and stories that have come from this trip and I had the privilege of being an adult leader this trip which taught me so much. Now is the time where I come back and I have to decide how I will react to being home. Will I go back to normal? Will I become bitter and cynical? I've already caught myself doing both and that is not how life should be now. We talked over and over about bringing the mission trip back to our town and living a Missional lifestyle. It may be hard at times, but I know its the life I am called to be a part of. I learned so much on this trip and I learned that life is like a stair case and we need to focus on what God wants us to do on the stair step we currently are on and not the one before or after or our friends staircase. I need to keep that in mind and strive to live a missional lifestyle to make the trip as worth it as it currently feels like it was. Lord guide my actions in this missional life that I want to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment