Sunday, July 8, 2012

Questions and Activists

You seem to have all the right answers.
You say what I want to say without my searching.
Why is it that you are so hard to believe?

These are common questions that have been running through my head during this summer. It seems that I have started really liking this girl, but I do not want to rush things with her. I do not want to make the wrong decision and then end up unhappy. Why do choices have to be so hard? The worst part is...she lives so far away and until school starts I will not see her.  Why do these thoughts plague me? I wish I knew the answers  and knew what I need to do. I am striving daily to follow the Lord's will for today, but sometimes its hard. Sometimes I wish I knew the answers for the future now. So I need the Lord's help with being patient.

Another issue I have been dealing with this summer is my response to people that are not into the idea of social justice/activism. I am such an activist that it breaks my heart to hear people not be into social justice/missions and it makes me bitter and want to prove to them why they need to be into missions. That has happened most specifically with a woman at my school who so easily gets under my skin for that very reason. I know that I need to love her as Christ does and I strive to each day, I just wish that she would see we are all called to live lives of social justice. My daily prayer has been that the Lord would help me to live a life of reconciliation and accept that only God can change her and I just need to live my life as an example and not try to "prove to her" why Social Justice is the right way. So we'll see what happens. It wouldn't be so hard if it was not for the fact that she is from my district, I know her family, and she will be dating one of my good best friends.

 This is something I feel so many of us may face in life. Not necessarily in these specifics but we'll always have someone who gets under our skin and we'll want to show them we are right. But that is not what the Lord calls us to do. We are called to live humble lives striving more and more to be like Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment