Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time to let go, God is in control.


“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing?  Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing,  yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
  “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.  Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
  “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." -Matthew 6:24-34

This passage really stands out to me today as I have begun to realize how crippling worry truly is. There are times in life where it is easy to fall into a dry valley in your spiritual life and it is hard to figure out the reasoning behind it. I truly believe that God showed me this reason tonight by simply doing my homework. I was enrolled in a class entitled Introduction to the Spiritual Journey in the fall, but due to the amount of people in the class I got pushed to take it in the Spring--which is now. So, from the moment I walked into the first class I felt like it would be good for me in this rough valley. It is better than I thought, in fact it is as if God intended this class to be now to help me through this valley. Is that the definite answer? I do not know, but whatever the case I believe God is using the class to help me. To elaborate more on that conjecture, I must explain that we are supposed to read the book Making All Things New by Henri Nouwen. I picked up the book for the first time today and began reading, and well I am hooked. It is talking about how worry grips our life and prevents us from growing in our Spiritual walk. It is amazing how God works to show us what we need to fix. Shows me that I need to completely surrender my worry to Christ. That is probably going to be one of the hardest things for me to do right now, because it's so easy to fall into worrying about anything and everything. But I know with the strength God provides I can do it. It is time to let go and let God take my worries. God works in miraculous and amazing ways. God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment