Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Seeker in the Valley.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD.
 “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.'" 

These words from Jeremiah 29:11-13 are very often heard but how often do we listen to them? We know that God has a plan for us but what does that entail? A better question to ask is how do we figure out His plan for us individually? I feel like the second part of these verses--12-13--gets overlooked at times. We need to actively seek God and not just pray, but spend the amount of time that one talks to God, quiet and listening. It is one thing to ask and listen and it is another thing to do it wholeheartedly. If we look at these verses we see that if we look wholeheartedly we will find God. There are times however where we feel like we do not feel His presence even though we are sincere. I know that if we look at Proverbs 3:5-6 one learns that if we seek God's will He will direct us. One also knows that if they are on track with God their desires will be God's will, but there are times when it is hard to discern if you are truly on track at that point. Since Holiness, Sanctification, and our Spiritual Journey are constant and do not end until we meet our Creator, there are times where we need to grow in order to be confident about God's will for us. 

So now the plane--I mentioned in the previous post--has crashed. There is a wreck on this Island and I am just seeking the Savior to find redemption here. I am not necessarily happy that it finally crash landed, but I know that it is what needed to happen. I know there will come a day that is better and compared to the brokenness in the world I am doing well, but I need to seek God more. I now know that I need to make Him more apart of my life as I work my way through this valley in my journey. Even stuck in the after effects of the crash, I know that I must seek God and His will and He will provide...Man is not alone. God is relational. God is with Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment