Monday, March 25, 2013

Ignite the Night

After a much discouraging rant on what's been on my heart, I felt it to be necessary to post something more encouraging which I much prefer to talk about. I learned today how fast passion can spread. Okay, okay I know that sounds sensual but it's not...I'll get to that. Passion can be like a forest fire, if you act on it with people who have the same passions it can grow quicker than anything.

Now to explain myself. When I was in highschool I was on a traveling music and drama team and it was one of the best decisions of my life. I developed so many friendships and really developed my leadership skills on it. Now 2 years later, as an alum, I learned they were taking a few years off from having a team...and in my sadness from that and my desire to see the team again, I decided to send out a message about having a little get together this summer to reconnect. Not even an hour later, when I walked out of class I checked the message, twenty more people were added to the conversation all more than eager to have a get together! Within the next four hours ideas for dates were bounced around and my former leader and myself were out in charge of planning this endeavor.

So there it is, how a tiny spark of an idea can ignite the flame of our united passions. When I was on the team we once received these shirts that said "Ignite the night" and that is exactly what we should do. Whatever it is that we are desiring to do, don't hold back because of fear. Start that tiny spark because it will ignite the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment