Friday, February 15, 2013

The beauty of Sabbath

There is a beauty in the art of getting away. God created the sabbath for man So that we could rest because it is in our nature to need rest; so I have recently journeyed to my family at home for the weekend so I could seek sabbath because of my recent loss of a relationship.

There is a beauty in long car rides as well. As I live six hours from my university I had those long hours to just talk and catch up with the driver and it has brought me to some realizations. One of which is constructive dialogue in seeking sabbath can really bring about realizations. This was furthered when I arrived home and just talked with my parents for 2 or so hours on my breakup and life. It helped the healing process more than anything has yet.

I had come on this weekend retreat with homework to do and plans to catch up on a tv show, but after being here I realized this weekend needs to be a time to refuel. To take a break from tv shows, to connect with family and friends, to hold homework for the carride back, and just to read leisure reading when I can and be present.

I propose that we all need to take a sabbath away during times of trial to Judy relax and focus on God through solitude and relationality. Lord being us sabbath all throughout this Lenten season.

No comments:

Post a Comment