Monday, January 21, 2013

Learning to breathe and live simply

There's something breathtaking about going Snorkling in Belize. We left Caye Caulker by boat to snorkel with first sharks, rays, and other fish. It was so cool to be able to pet a shark and swim above them, but at first I barely put my head in the water. It was hard for me to breathe just out of my mouth like we were supposed to so I had to slowly teach myself to do it and it wasn't until our next stop that I was able to. Learning to snorkel is kind of like growing in your faith; things may seem difficult at first but as you get used to it the easier it gets which allows you to become stronger in your faith.

Then when I was able to snorkel on the second stop it was just amazing to see all of the coral reefs and the fish swimming in and out of it! I just kept thinking how amazing Gods creation is! Then we saw a school of fish that we learned cleaned the coral by eating the bacteria and that to me is just another sign of Gods handiwork.

This trip, especially today had taught me to just live simply. Instead of buying suvineers and taking tons of pictures today, I just looked and took it all in. I realized that no amount of suvineer, picture, or whatnot will truly reflect how amazing today was. I just need to reflect on my memories. God has made such an amazing creation and in the age to come we will get to see it in its full beauty with God.

If I can take anything back to the states it's to live simply, be relational not time consumed, and look for God moving in everything.

1 comment:

  1. We need to swap travel stories! I hardly know anything about your trip.

    ReplyDelete