Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Month Abroad

For most of the month of January I have had the privilege of traveling to Belize with a class entitled "missions and ministries." I have been in this country for 9 days so far and it has been an incredible experience that I would recommend to all. We've visited Mayan ruins in Lamanai, visited a baboon sanctuary near Belize City, taught a business game called bead'o'nomics in Nazarene primary schools in Succotz, bonded as a group playing games such as Euchre and The Great Dalmuti.

This trip has shown me how often I am not prepared for traveling. For example the first day when we left for Lamanai I forgot big spray, sunscreen, and my snake bite kit. I am someone who has all these resources for being out of the country and haven't remembered any of them. But it has still been a great trip and it has been really warm out which is amazing because it is snowing in Ohio.

The rest of the trip we are going to be doing Clean Water Initiative stuff. We are going to be going to villages and selling lifestraws and giving the villages water purification devices. To prepare us for that week we have each been assigned a pastor or teacher to pray for, so I am excited to meet Pastor Martin since I have been praying for him.

Overall in deciding what missions trips to go on, I recommend people to leave the country. I love this experience so much I want to continue to go out of the country on trips. My advice would be to go without expectations and be ready for God to transform you. That is daily my prayer.

Lord, help me to be transformed on this trip and to be used by you today.


No comments:

Post a Comment