Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Pineapple Incident...

It's the end of the day and I am exhausted. I have done a lot throughout this particular day and I was ready just to crash into my bed. There were good aspects of the day and there were bad aspects. I was ready to return to dreamland in hopes to escape certain moments of this particular day. I was tired of thinking for right now.

As I climbed up into my top bunk I reflected on my entire day. I thought of things I could have done differently and then I pondered whether or not I would want to have done them differently. I felt bogged down and exhausted. As I began to lay my head down I caught a whiff of something fruity. Something was off. Luckily I looked at my pillow before I set my head on it. There was an odd shaped lump in my pillow. I pulled it out to examine my discovery and found...

A simple prank. I found myself chuckling and wanting to share with others this reference to an unanswered HIMYM episode. This simple act brightened my night. It took my mind off of the craziness of the day and focused on the fact that I have acquired a pineapple. How great is that? It put today into a better perspective. It's senior year and even though I do not know where I am going next I know where I am today. I need to live in the present with my community in the here and now. I need to enjoy the little things. I need to partake in godly play, as one of my former youth ministry classes taught. I need to find a balance between all the academics and ministry opportunities to play with others. We are made for community and relaxation.

So take a step back, live in the present, and give someone a pineapple. Who knows? You may just make their night.

No comments:

Post a Comment