Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Struggle of Overbooking

Since the beginning of my freshmen year of college I have struggled with habitually overbooking. When I stepped onto the University grounds I knew that I wanted to invest myself in as many ministry outlets as I could. As I have progressed through the years I have gained a good reputation which opened up more opportunities to become involved with. In the recent months I have known that I struggle with overbooking and I had made the decision to prayerfully commit to opportunities and drop ones that I feel would no longer be as beneficial to myself or my ministry.

As I am progressing through this Lenten season I have received many leadership opportunities for next year, which happens to be my senior year. Due to my fast I have found a significant amount of time that I can dedicate to thinking and praying and trying to determine what positions I should take. As I have been praying about this syndrome of overbooking I have simultaneously found that it is hard to determine which responsibilities to recommit to and which new ones to take.  

One of my goals of this Lenten season is to find an even balance of my time and learn how to discern which roles to take in the upcoming year. As I prepare to embark to Haiti for this next week my prayer is for a life of simplicity in my decisions. I pray that God would help me to get the most out of senior year without falling back into overbooking.

Here's to leadership positions. Here's to simplicity. Here's to missions.

My next thoughts from the dust will be on my trip to Haiti.  

No comments:

Post a Comment