Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Look to the Stars...



Stars. There are so many and yet they can so often be neglected. It is so easy to forget about that which is above us. I was sitting at what we call The Eternal Flame reading Scripture and Journaling this evening and when I arose I saw a shooting star. It was one star, but it was beautiful and caused me to continue to look at the sky. I noticed so many stars were out and they created beautiful shapes and glows. There was one particular star that was glowing bright and orangish. I remembered faintly from high school Astronomy class that it was a planet, but I cannot for the life of me remember which one. As I began to return to my dorm I could not take my eyes off of the stars; I was gazing up at the sky instead of looking straight ahead or down at the ground. Then I had a thought: How often do we stare ahead or down at the sidewalk and miss out on what's above us? We get so focused on the busyness of life that we neglect what is above us; what is given to us by our Creator. What would our lives look like if we gazed at the sky more? Let us take this to a deeper level now. How often do we go through our Spiritual Journey in life looking "straight ahead" at what we need to do for the future or "down at the ground" in the present? A better question would be how often do we truly look up to our Father? We pray for Him to lead us along His will and are our taught how He moves in mysterious ways, but do we truly see most of what He does? Maybe we need to break off from the distractions of life and actually look for God and what He is doing. How different would our life be if instead of going through the routine of life we actually looked for everything  that Christ is doing--the big and the small. So I want to invite everyone to stand with arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the ONE who gave it all, to stand with our souls surrendered and make all we are HIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment